This Han is located on the vast area between The Great Mosque ( Ulu camii) and the Orhan Mosque.Cacoon Han was built in 1492 by Sultan Bayezit II in order to assure income for his mosque and complex which were under construction in Istanbul. The architect of the han is Abdul - ula Bin Pulad Shah.
Cacoon Han is a two storeys. There ara 50 rooms on the top floor and 45 on the ground floor. The main northern door made stone and is exquisitely decorated with carvings in relief. On the top floor, there is a door opening to the south, a large door opening to additional doors in the courtyard, and from the coutyard a wide door facing the direction of the Orhan Mosque. In the center of the apacious interior courtyard, there is masjid ( small mosque ). The masjid has eight corner pillars and one center pillar. The lower part constitutes an ablution fountain. Today, Cacoon Han is the center of the renown silk business of Bursa.
Read more »
This han is one oft he important hans of Bursa. It was built by Ibrahim Pasha in the 15 th centruy. The han used to be known as the Mahmut Pasha han. The han located in the northeast of Cacoon Han ( Koza Han ), has two courtyards. �n the center, there is a pool with a masjid placed over it. The two storey arcade pillars and the facedes of the arches are made of brick and unhewn stone. The arcade is decorated with three rows of stalactite fringes. The main han surrounding the first courtyard has 48 rooms on the lower floor and 50 rooms on the upper floor.The rooms of the lower floor have circular vaults whereas the arcade has continous vaults. the upper floor arcade domed rooms are covered by vaults.
Read more »
This han was built by Sultan Bayezid II in 1508 to assure revenue for this mosque and soup kitchen in �stanbul. The upper floor of the han has suffered severe damage. The han has a splendid door decorated with relief motifs opening eastwards. Before its demolation, there were 38 rooms on the lower floor and 40 rooms on the upper floor. A masjid is located in the center of the courtyard. The han was constructed solely for trade purposes.
Read more »
It is the largest han in Bursa. Only the west part of the recently restored han was still standing. There are 39 rooms on the ground floor and 42 rooms on the upper floor. The han has walls decorated with dressed stone and a single row of bricks and round arches. The entrance was reconstructed, whereas is is not the original one. Read more »
The han that was known as Old Bezazistan until 1522 the took the name of Emir Han. This han was constructed in accordance with all conditions of inner city trade. The lower floor is arched and the rooms are without windows, to be used as storerrooms, whereas the rooms on the upper floor have windows and stoves. This had both residential and office space. Read more »
This han was bulit in the fifteenth century. It is located in the Demirkapi Bazaar. The han was previously also called Lonca Han ( guild han ). The han was constructed of brick and unhewn stone and decorated with stalactite fringes. The pillars and the arches are made of brick. The rooms are covered by circular vaults. Geyve han has 26 rooms on the lower level and 30 rooms on the upper level. Read more »
This was the first bedesten of the ottoman Empire. It was built by Yildirim Bayezid at the close of the 14 th centruy. Today bazaar is mainly occupied by jewellers.
The bedesten, already worn by the years, suuffered great damege during the 1958 Covered bazaar fire and became unusable. In 1960, the domes previously demolished were restored.
Six interlocked woven parts are connected to each other by arches and topped by 14 domes. There is an entrace to the bedesten in the center of every one of its facades. there are 32 shops on the exterior. The shops are covered by round vaults. The bases, orginally made of brick, were replaced with stone during the restoration. The walls alternate between three rows brick and one row of cut stone.
Today many jewellers store in the bazaar. You can find many kind of jewellers in this bazaar. Read more »