The railway that operated actively as Bursa-Mudanya line betveen the years 1892- 1951 is a reflection of the importance which Abdulhamid II emphasized on railways in 1873-1874. The railway which constructed with rails with 1 mt width was not operated immediately due to various reasons. By a decree given on 22 February, 1891 it was given to Sir Jorj Nagelmakers for operation after repair. The railway repair, being considered the most significant investment offoreign partnership of that time, was started on June 8,1891 and completed on June 5,1892. And then it was opened to operation by ceremony. The total length of the line is 41.780 m and the highest point is Yorukali station. On the line there exist 15 iron-made bridges, 14 stone bridges and 6 stations. These stations are Mudanya Station, Yorukali Station, Koru Station, Acemler Station, Bursa Waiting Station (Merinos) and Bursa Station. Many memories are being uttered on the line. The most interesting of them is that when the locomotive was running at a velocity nearly to stop the passengers took advantage of it by jumping out of the train in order to pick up fruits and then jumping onto the train. The main objective of constructing the station was to transport the high quality silk manufactured in Bursa to Europe fast and more economically. The other reason may be summarized as transporting fruits and vegetables grown in Bursa plain to, partioularly Istanbul, and other markets. But in the course of time some opinions put forward stating that the goals were not achieved and it did not contributed economically, even that it caused losses. When it came to year 1931, as an extension of nationalization policies, the shares of foreign partner was bought by the state, and thus the concerns was nationalized. When it came to year 1953, because of the failures and mistakes in operating policy and the reasons that it brought over burden and caused losses economically on part of the state it was decided to be removed compietely from operation. This date was entered into records an unfortunate year on part of Bursa. In the follovving years the rails were sold one by one and today it has become commemorated by street name. Besides its numerous benefits, the most important contribution of it was to ensure transportation facility in Bursa for travelers, researchers, men of letters, intellectuals and tourists, and thus playing an important role in introduction of the city and the region. The historical train station today located on the Gaziakdemir Street, across the Merinos factory, is one of three stations left from the Bursa-Mudanya Railway route. The allowance of train station that was left abandoned for long years was acquired from the treasury of the finance and its restoration was completed on 2005 by Osmangazi Municipality as a result of project implemented together with Cekul Association. Merinos Train Station and its courtyard which has been restored and its additional buildings are starting to serve as a Wedding Hail and a Social Area. With a total area of about 4350 m2, he facilities consist of 200 m2 station building and auxiliary building with 200 m2 area, and kitchen and canteen building. The station serving as a facility in which wedding ceremonies, every kind of society and meeting organization are hold, has become one of the attraction center of the region with its auto park and children play areas. The station bears the particularity of being an privileged site where teas and coffees are being sipped in peace with graceful conversations within an environment with an freshness felt given by plane trees. At the station that welcomed domestic and foreign many visitors, in one respect, and that became the site of separations and meetings, no longer sadness and separations shall be encountered, on the contrary, it will be the starting point of happy friendships.